Today’s nail art was inspired by a chat I had with a friend about color combinations for spring and summer. She was rather keen on grey and orange, and I agreed that it was an interesting combo (on someone other than me!) if a bit reminiscent of road construction. But I suppose that road construction is a major part of summertime, as anyone who has tried to travel in the warm season knows!
I decided to go for a skittles look to try out a variety of different techniques. Which one is your favorite?
I used three coats of Pure Ice Kiss Me Here (who comes up with these names?) on every nail. Then I decorated in one of five ways:
1. One coat of Essie Shine of the Times (the flakies)
2. Two-ish coats of OPI Lights of the Emerald City
3. A frame of orange glequins from Born Pretty Store
4. White chevrons from Bundle Monster Plate BM-201 stamped with Essence Stamp Me! White
5. A gradient using Kiss Me Here and Zoya Gwin