I have more California pictures to share, and indeed many more summer and fall pictures to share, but it was 3°F this morning and I found myself rather resenting the ice-free photos. And honestly, I didn’t have a lot to say about them. “In this picture here, it is a reasonable temperature. I was warm. It was nice.” So instead, I figured I ought to share a few more timely posts of what I’m wearing now.
As it turns out, when the mercury drops I take most of my dressing cues from the birds — Cardinals do the brightest and cheeriest job at dressing for the winter, and I do my best to copy them.
My footwear choices are still a bit limited as my foot isn’t officially fully healed yet. I’ve mostly been relying on my American Duchess boots for fashionable snowy days, especially since I finally got rubber soles professionally added.
- White rabbit fur hat with velveteen flower: Gift from Doug
- Jumping reindeer brooch: Erstwilder
- Red 1950s skirt suit: Made by me from Advance 7745
- Black 1950s princess coat: Etsy
- Edwardian reproduction carriage boots: Victorias (now discontinued) from American Duchess (I purchased these shoes at a discount in exchange for images and a review)