This large blue felt hat is the second hat I brought back from my Busia’s collection when I visited California this spring. (See the other hat here)
Navy is one of those colors I keep accidentally acquiring and then I don’t have the first idea what to wear it with, so fortunately I already had the navy dress and had recently acquired the navy shoes to go with it as well. The Re-Mix “Flora” wedges remind me a bit of cactus, which seems like a fitting nod to my grandparents’ Southern California home.
The dress is perhaps a smidgen too large, but incredibly comfortable and always a favorite for its fun polka dots made out of polka dots pattern. At some point, it was robbed of its shoulder pads, and I keep meaning to make replacements for it. I think the bodice will fall much more flatteringly if the shoulders get a little boost.
- 1940s navy blue felt hat with giant bow: Busia’s
- Aqua and sliver beaded clip earrings: Gift from Allison
- 1940s navy, pink and teal polka dot dress: Modern Millie
- Aqua pleather belt: Target (kids’ section)
- Navy ankle-strap wedges: Re-Mix Vintage Shoes Flora